[IP] Re: diabetic tattoo

I have a friend with type one, while not the type you would expect ot
have any tatoos, has his full name tatooed high on his upper arm.  He
used to say that it was so that he could be identified if he went into a
coma.  But he confessed now that he had it put on when he was stationed
in vietnam, so that they would be able to (gruesome) identify his dead
body, or at least one of his parts.  Strange.

>>> email @ redacted 10:24:14 AM 9/17/02 >>>
When I first read about a tattoo, I thought "Cool, with a tattoo one
wouldn't
have to wear an I.D. bracelet!"  Just have the tattoo on the writst
with the
medic alert symbol!  Oh well, call me weird.  My husband won't let me
do it
as he is afraid of infection but I thought it was a cool idea.

Debbie
dx 3/63