[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #621

y name is Gloria and I have had type 1 diabetes for the past 30 yrs. I
  have recently started on the Minimed Paradigm insulin pump and for the
  first time since i was dx'd when i was 4 yrs. old, I have had a normal
  A1c of.......6.1!!!!!!! I never had an A1c in the single digits except
  during my pregnancy in '93 and I was 7.5.

   congratulations gloria on the awesome hba1c...i havent had a value that low yet...oh well..haha...

 after going through 28 yrs of being in double digit a1c values, im sure you feel a LOT better being in the normal range...i love having "close to normal" glucose levels, just because it makes me feel better physically and i have more energy...

  are you in good health considering your control over the last 30 yrs?  i hope so...

  well, keep plugging on!!   to happiness and longevity in life!

   :)  bassem