Re: [IP] crunchy low treats

 I would think that the fiber in carrots (and granola bars) would slow
down your body's processing of the carbs.

Kay

email @ redacted wrote:

  Summer wrote:

    low I HAVE to eat something CRUNCHY, I don't know why but I
    fell so much better after eating something solid, whether granola
    bars, crackers or even a carrot!!  I recheck my sugar 2 hours later
    to see what I'm at though.

  i understand the feeling....but as usual, I will suggest not eating anything
  with fat in it til at least 15 minutes after you eat the carbs....simply put,
  the granola bar WILL slow down  your recovery from your hypo.  If you MUST
  have crunchy, try hard candies...just don't break a tooth...carrots are fine
  too, as there is no fat, but I would suggest staying away from granola bars.
  I think saltines are good - Michael says they break down pretty quick...just
  put the granola bars up high where you can't reach them!!

  Sara