Re: [IP] Animas battery life

My Animas battery story is actually the only time I have needed to
complain to them. We had a loaner as a backup because we were traveling
this summer for almost a month. The first 8 days were flying and on a
tour bus on the East coast with Jenny's 8th grade class. The last two
weeks were a church youth group road trip from Southern California to
Oregon. Sitting  in a program session, we heard a siren coming from the
overnight bag on the other side of the room. Took 20 minutes to identify
the source of the sound.

Turns out the battery in the back up was low.  We had never used the
loaner. In fact, I had assumed that it had been shipped without
batteries. That means that Animas shipped the loaner to us with low
batteries. I am so relieved that the alarm didn't go off when we were
flying or going through airport security.

I let Animas know that they let us down this time. However, we have had
the pump for two years with no problems. Customer Service and Animas
technology has been wonderful.