[IP] Animas Batteries

I used the same set of batteries in my Animas pump for 3.5 months.  I was
waiting for an alarm or warning.  In the middle of the night (After 3.5
months of using the same battery), I had a low cartrige alarm that didn't
wake me up...with Animas, if the pump alarms for 2 minutes, it will switch
to a siren sound.  The siren DID wake me up, but the pump was not
functioning, had to take the batteries out to keep it quiet. When I called
customer service, they said the battery must have been about dead and the
alarm/siren probably pushed it over the edge.  Am I the only person who
would wait for the pump to let me know the battery is low?  I just
assumed...  I guess the impressive thing is that I got 3.5 months out of one
set of batteries...although, I'd reather burn through the batteries and not
have another siren episode.