[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
  [Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Re: [IP] How do I insure the pump when I get it?

On 9/16/02 8:22 AM, "email @ redacted" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I too have read on this group how people had to get riders for their pump.
> I asked my Nationwide Agent about a rider for my Paradigm.
> I was told that as a medical Device, it was covered in full against everything
> but negligence by my homeowner's policy.
> I don't know about other insurers.

It is not so much the insurance company as it is the regulation of insurance
in your state.  Each states "Homeowner's B" policy have limits and
exclusions that are allowed by each states insurance codes.  So it is best
to call your agent to find what the policy provisions in your state mandate
as far as coverage.  If personal medical devices are excluded under state
laws, THEN a rider would need to be obtained.   YMMV and Consult your Agent!

for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
send a DONATION http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org/donate.shtml