Re: [IP] Diabetes Interview

No, it said that doctors in Florence, Italy, reported that two women with
poorly controlled type 2 diabetes required partial finger amputations after
reusing the same lancet for several weeks. The doctors advised people to use
a new lancet each time and to practice good hygeine. The brief was based on a
letter published in Diabetes Care, a respected medical journal.

In what way is making people aware of possible dangers so that they can make
an informed decision irresponsible?

Jan and Elvis
(who doesn't remember when she last changed her lancet)

In a message dated 9/16/02 7:45:50 AM US Eastern Standard Time,