[IP] Re: Paradigm problems

I've been Para-pumping for two months and it's
worked out well (no returned pumps, no surprise
dead batteries).  I also use vibrate mode 24/7.
Any pump without a vibrate mode is a non-starter
for me.

I have seen the mottled screen in the heat, but
the screen was still completely readable.  The most
frustrating experiences I've had were "No Delivery"
alarms, which have happened a couple of times.  One
I attributed to the insertion site, but another
time the "No Delivery" continued after disconnecting.
I had to change the reservoir to fix it.  Since this
is my first pump, I have no basis to judge whether
the "No Delivery" is "what you get get once in a
while with pretty much every pump" or whether it's
"what you get once in a while with pretty much every
Paradigm pump."

Oh--I liked the remote feature too, but my CDE
predicted that I'd almost never use it.
She was right--the problem with the remote is that
it's not easy to deliver a precise bolus.  There's
just no easy way to deliver 4.7 units with the remote.

regards and no extra sticks,
b:'66 dx:'94 Paradigm:7/02