[IP] basal question

Last week I had a medical test that required me to have only clear fluids
for 36 hours. My husband expressed concern re. lows. To be on the safe side
I lowered my basal rate by 1/3 and only bolused half the normal amount for
my occasional glass of watered down juice. I had perfect numbers! What's up
with that? Any comments from the pundits?
Susan who is glad to report she is cancer-free 6 years now, pumping 9