[IP] RE:insulin receptor regulation

>How can I lower the amount of insulin I take so that I can increase the
receptors and make myself more sensitive to insulin?  And possibly do this
without a bg rollercoaster or allowing myself to be high for an extended
period. I'm trying to get more exercise to help me do this but is there any
other way? Thanks, Sheila<

The best way is decreased calories and exercise that builds muscle mass,
according to research. You can do a search for articles related to managing
insulin resistance. A loss of 5 pounds has shown to increase insulin
sensitivity.  One of the other ways is to add a medication that works for
insulin resistance. You might want to discuss this with an endocrinologist.

Good luck. Hang in there. It is frustrating.