[IP] Site changes.

I'm new to pumping (and Diabetes for that matter), but my CDE told me that
another patient of hers developed permanent scar tissue by leaving her sets
in for 4 or 5 days at a time from the constant infusion of insulin in one
spot, and advised me to change every 3 days.  Even if you don't get an
infection, over time you may develop scar tissue that will interfere with
insulin absorption, not to mention being unattractive.  I too hate to ''mess
with things" when everything's going so well with one site, but I change
every 3 days anyway.
3 days is the recommended line. I leave mine in as long as its working. I
never heard of getting scar tissue from leaving them in. prolonged infusion
of humulog often gives you pump knots but Novolog does not.pump knots are
not great to have but they are harmless. inserting under a barrier like Iv
2000 keeps infection at a minimum. spot
A. L. Bender, M. D.