[IP] Re: "diabetic" shoes

Hi all,
    Hubby doesn't need "prescription" shoes, but well over 16 years ago we
discovered SAS shoes.
    I have horrible feet, always had problems getting comfortable shoes
(very narrow heel, wide toe area due to tailor's bunions), and had given up
thought of ever wearing sandals again until I discovered SAS.  Since I could
wear slacks a lot to work, got some of their loafer styles, plus the sandals
were/are like walking on air, and the style I like best has adjustable
straps by the toes.          That convinced Hubby to give a pair a try, and
he only wears SAS now, likes them because many of the men's styles have a
very deep toe box, come with inserts that adjust to your feet, and these can
be removed so orthotics can be inserted.
    SAS started out making nurses shoes, but because so comfortable,
customers asked for styles/colors beyond the basic white.  They've changed
many of the ladies styles, not always just leather uppers any more though,
but sandals have expanded in style selection, and men's styles pretty have
remained pretty much the same.
    Oh, Hubby's podiatrist said he recommends SAS shoes.  They're not
inexpensive, but then keeping feet in good shape counts for a lot.
Marj for Marj; Mike (I'm not into computers, but glad to be on this list);
and "Ace, the PP" (portable pancreas)