Re: [IP] veterans question

1. My parents gave me tons of freedom. I think maybe because I was the third
child, they weren't overprotective at all. I was able to sleep over at
friends' houses at an early age. Before I was taking my own injections, my
dad would arrive on Sat. morning at a friend's home, meet me at the front
door,  and stick me in the arm with the shot and then leave. They let me
travel by myself by age 10 to visit relatives like my grandma, and my brother
in college. In college I went abroad for 6 months by myself.

2. I'm not sure if it's such a horrible thing, but I didn't really have any
sense of community with other diabetic kids or attend any kind of groups or
camps, probably because I didn't want to at the time.  I didn't really have
any resources for discussing the effects that d had on me back then.