Re: [IP] pump upgrades 617

Our insurance (TriCare) won't pay for a new pump just
because the current pump is out of warranty (at least
that is my understanding). So, if we want a new one we
either have to wait years for the current one to die or
pay for a new one out of pocket. So...we are going to
pay out of pocket for a new one next year (the Cozmo is
first on the list for consideration, followed by the
Animas.) Shannon's current pump will be 4yrs old by
then.Who knows...maybe by then Shannon's current pump
will have croaked or TriCare will change their policy
(but I doubt it). :)

Take care, Kerri
Chapman [Heaven's Here on Earth, 1994]

Wayne said:

Robin, if you switch companies you can keep your old.
With the same company it depends on your insurance.  My
insurance only pays 80%, so with my MM507, the company
said they will take the 507 as a "trade-in" to cover
the 20%.  But as I'm going to try the new Cozmo, I will
keep my 507 and "negotiate" over the 20% with them.