Re: [IP] Re: Roger/IPX ratings

In a message dated 9/14/02 9:30:45 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> . Seems to be a lot of hatred on this list towards mini-med and
> whether their pump is watertight, water resistant, waterproof. My paradigm
> has
> been buried in sand, in lake water for 8 hours in and out all day, and in
> highly chlorinated local swimming pools with no problems even though I
> didn't
> dry it off. Which means my paradigm is Water-whatever, it works well.

Why is is *hatred* to question that there have been many different responses
to the *water resistantness* of the paradigm by MM personnel? (one forum
member even reported being told that MM would not list it waterproof because
of legal issues.....if I was getting this from Animas (instead of a flat *it
will be replaced*) I would be asking the same questions except of Animas or
Disetronic or what ever....I thought this was a support list where we can ask
pertinent questions without attack.....you aren't even curious what the
official position is? I am glad it works great for you but what if one day it
doesn't?  Ours works great too and Animas has said they will replace it if it
ever doesn't but MM has not, that I am aware of, taken a position one way or
another.....lots of people looking at pumps.....I researched heavily for my
daughter's pump and for many reasons chose Animas but one was the straight,
direct answers I received with no comments on other
now ten!