[IP] Feet of people w/Diabetes was RE: Diabetic shoes

Tammeee wrote: It's usually older diabetics (that is, someone
who has had diabetes for quite a while, who has to worry about their feet.
I don't necessarily agree with this Tammy.  I have seen a 20yo with T2 and
serious diabetes related ulcers on his feet from ill-fitting workboots.  He
spent days on IV antibiotics and  then weeks on orals.  He was not in terribly
poor control either.  My belief is that complications *can* happen at any age.
It drives me nuts to see my son wear his shoes around the house at night
because we all take our shoes off at the door, and he looks so uncomfortable
but I know he is doing the right thing ;)
mom of Ryan 15yo dx 2/00
wife of Shaun