[IP] Recent articles on MSN and MSN Health sites

I've noticed recently in a couple of articles I've read online that people are
referring to diabetes as "severe diabetes".   I took the to update the author
of one of the articles <http://www.msnbc.com/news/790212.asp>, that the term
"severe diabetes" does nothing but lump two distinctly different conditions
into one uniformative mass.

Here's what I told him:

Mr. Sullivan,

Recently on a couple of MSN articles, including your recent "Confessions of a
scam artist", I've seen the term "severe diabetes" used to refer to people
diagnosed with diabetes.   To me as a type I, insulin dependant diabetic, the
way this term is used in your story does not convey any additional meaning.
All forms of diabetes are serious to one extent or another, but using this term
"severe" does nothing to inform your reading audience.   It would be much more
informative to refer to the diabetes as "type I" or "type II", which are much
more informative descriptions of the condition.
In the future, I think it would be much more helpful to correctly classify the
type of diabetes you are referring to in your writings.  Type I and type II
diabetes are two completely different medical disorders that should not be
confused by the public.
Thanks for listening.
Brent Murry

Has anyone else in the diabetic community noticed this in recent online

Yahoo! - We Remember