Re: [IP] Re: Isn't this list for support

At 11:04 AM 9/13/2002 Cherry wrote:
>Rosalie Wrote:
> >What I am concerned about is the manner in which people sometimes SLAM one
> >another. We are all here in this big boat together. When someone expresses
> >opinion or an idea, is it really necessary to put them down or make snide
> >comments? Rather, can't we learn to think first and be kind to one another.
>Rosalie I totally agree. I have not been too active on this list for a few
>months BECAUSE of the fact that flamers have been coming out lately. I have
>been attacked serveral times because my diabetes is not normal. So I am very
>glad you felt you could come forward with your concerns. Thank you for
>Cherry & Shrieking Shrew

I'd like to meet the person who has "normal" diabetes. One of the
prime-directives of this list is to recognize that everyone is different.
That's one of the things that makes this chronic diseases like diabetes
hard to deal with.  No two people will react the same. So, just because
something works for you, there is no guarantee that it will work the same
way for someone else. And, some cases of diabetes are just much harder to
treat than others... and it doesn't mean that anyone is doing something
wrong. I know that for me, personally, I can have radically different
reactions to the same food and boluses on two different days.... no
rational explanation... that's just the way it is.

The bottom line is that we shouldn't make judgements or assumptions about
how others take care of their condition. I'm sure that we're all doing the
very best we can. And, the fact that we're here on this list, also shows
that we're still trying to learn more.