[IP] Decisions, Decisions, Meter Decisions...

I've used the Accu-chek Complete meter almost exclusively (use FastTake for
outdoor sports) since they came out with the Comfort Curve strips. I don't
use a paper logbook any more, but record all insulin and carbs in the meter
and download to my computer.

Recently I've gotten two free Ultra meters. One was a free replacement for
my InCharge meter from the now or soon to be defunct LXN Corp. The other was
offered by my insurance plan, Aetna QPOS. Many of you have said good things
about the Ultra. I do appreciate its small sample size and fast response

A part of me is resisting change of something I have used for so long and
with much success. A few months ago, my Complete was replaced with a newer
model because I had worn out the middle button of my old one. I liked some
of the new features. But the part that I think is going to win is the techie
part of me. I've been experimenting with setting up a logbook on my handheld
(using HanDBase, for those who are curious). The one thing that put me off
for a moment was thinking how I was going to carry all this. I didn't want
two separate cases. But I found that my Complete case will hold the handheld
and meter along with my stylus, finger sticker, extra lancets, and extra
pump batteries. Cool!

So today I'm trying it out and so far it's working great. But there's still
this little tight feeling in my gut because of the change. Oh, well,
sometimes change is hard, but often change is good!

Laura Lillie