Re: [IP] Waterproof Pumps

On 9/13/02 8:41 AM, "Roger Wendell" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Does anyone know the IPX rating of the Animas-1000 pump?  I have e-mailed
> Animas and am still waiting an answer. They don't publish it on their web
> site.   These web sites that say "watertight" and "water resistant" are
> meaningless when you are trying to get them to replace a pump because you
> "drowned" it.  The Paradigm is rated IPX8 (8' x 24 hrs), the D-tron is IPX7
> (3' x 30 min), the H-tron has no rating.  I've already replaced one pump out
> of pocket that I "drowned" by swimming with it, don't want to do that again
> any time soon.  Does anyone know any other pumps other than the Paradigm that
> has an IPX8 rating?  I've just read too many negative comments about the
> Paradiem.  Seems like it still has a few bugs in it.
> Roger

The Animas website says "Tested at 12ft. for 24 hours (IPX8)"

I've looked at the Deltec site but I have been unable  to find a
specification on its waterproof ratings.  The printed piece I've received
does say "Waterproof - Yes, for swimming and other water activities"  As far
as the Disetronic having an IPX7 rather than an IPX8 rating, that may be
because there IS a standard for IPX7 but the IPX8 has not really been
defined.  IPX8 only says that it meet the specifications set by the
manufacturer.  Thus at first the Paradigm was tested at 8' for 30 min. and
was IPX8, now they have tested it to 8' at 24 hrs. and it is still IPX8.