Re: [IP] Waterproof Pumps

See this site: http://www.orlandodiabetes.com/pump_comparison.htm
for some new comparisons.
>>> email @ redacted 8:51:06 AM 9/13/02 >>>
The ack of the demo Animas R-1000 pump I have has an IPX7 on the label.

What does that mean?

>>> email @ redacted 8:41:17 AM 9/13/02 >>>
Does anyone know the IPX rating of the Animas-1000 pump?  I have
e-mailed
Animas and am still waiting an answer. They don't publish it on their
web
site.   These web sites that say "watertight" and "water resistant"
are
meaningless when you are trying to get them to replace a pump because
you
"drowned" it.  The Paradigm is rated IPX8 (8' x 24 hrs), the D-tron is
IPX7
(3' x 30 min), the H-tron has no rating.  I've already replaced one
pump out
of pocket that I "drowned" by swimming with it, don't want to do that
again
any time soon.  Does anyone know any other pumps other than the
Paradigm that
has an IPX8 rating?  I've just read too many negative comments about
the
Paradiem.  Seems like it still has a few bugs in it.
Roger