[IP] Re: waterproof pumps

Hi Roger,
Actually, I chose the Animas pump because IMO it was the best waterproof pump
on the market (I think Disetronic might make one but I'm not sure). The
Paradigm's waterproof guarantee is for 30 minutes at 8 feet depth. I don't
remember the length of a triathlon swim, but I'm guessing it might take more
than 30 minutes to do. I, for one, wanted more assurance than that. Animas
gives that to me. It's guarantee is 24 hours at 12 feet deep. I shower, swim,
snorkel, surf, etc. with it. (If surfing it's worn under a wetsuit where it
can't fall off when I wipe out!)
The way I see it, my pump is an appendage. If you had to keep your arm out of
the water all the time, or could only have it in water for 30 minutes,
wouldn't that be a pain?
Good luck with your decision.
And hope your Team Diabetes training is still going well!!
dxed T1 9/92, pumping since 1/02