Re: [IP] Re: Weird Jenn's mom

Jenn,  Gosh your mom seems like quite a hard person to deal with.

Being the mom of a 12 1/2 year old D that has had it since he turned 3,
I can see wanting to do things like being your scout leader, etc.    Sure I
was clingier with Zach when he was younger, but it was also because
others were so afraid of him and I wanted him to have the same experiences
the other children did.   If that meant going to ALL his scout meetings to
being at all school parties from K-5th grade (we start middle school at 6th
hanging out nearby at birthday parties, etc.  well sure I did it.

But we also gave him his freedoms,  and have given him more the older
he gets.    It was hard the first time (just turned 10 that month) he wanted
to take off with 2 friends and go sledding 2 blocks away on common ground.
I walked the floors the entire time he was gone!!!     But he was good about
coming back when they got cold 1 1/2 hrs later-----and he had tablets in
his snow suit.

But as far as the strange behavior your mom has exhibited..............sounds
like she might have been strange even if you weren't D.    And turning your
pump off because it was noisy!!!!!!!!!!!     GEEEZ.

Hang in there babe.    Sounds like you'll do just fine on your own  :)

Fenton, MO