[IP] Pump Shopping Tips (was Re: deltec pump)

On 9/12/02 2:37 PM, "email @ redacted" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> it especially attractive to kids, and being one of the original
> juvenile diabetics, I'm quite happy to jump in.

Gosh, just how old are you Wayne?     :>)

> I did the insurance
> form, with the security knowing that I will have at least 2 months to
> change my mind (since the won't be shipping till after thanksgiving.

When the pump rep asks you to fill in their "Assignment of Benefits" form
for them to look into your insurance, write on the top in big bold letters
"For Benefit Assessment Only"    This will prevent them from acting without
your permission and shipping you a pump you don't want.  Believe me, IT
HAPPENS!  It would also be a good idea to cross out the sentence that reads
"make payments directly to (name of company)..."   They need the form to
find out what kind of coverage you have, but you need this protection from
having a pump "pushed" on you.