Re: [IP] "Diabetic" Shoes ?!?!?

The idea is that diabetic's feet need to be taken special care of since they
are prone to foot problems such as bad circulation.  If they go barefoot and
cut their foot, diabetic's usually take longer to heal.  If the shoe doesn't
fit well or if it rubs on their foot causing a blister or callus, that can
take longer to heal, etc.  I have never worried about it much when my
daughter was younger because I think we have enough to worry about as it is.
My g-daughter has a mild form of CP and is SUPPOSED to wear braces but my
daughter doesn't make her wear them because of all the other problems she has
to deal with being diabetic herself and now my g-daughter is Type I since
9-15-01.  She SHOULD be wearing the braces because she walks on toes really
bad but hey, what can I do?  She won't listen to me.  So if a child with CP
isn't wearing her braces, I wouldn't be worrying too much about what kind of
shoes a diabetic child wears.  It's usually older diabetics (that is, someone
who has had diabetes for quite a while, who has to worry about their feet.

Tammy, Mom to Joely (dx'd 1970); g-ma to Emma, homeschooled,  (dx'd 9-15-01)
Animas pumpers  7-18-02, g-ma to Nick non-d & homeschooled,  mom to Troy
(non-d)) 16 yo . -

In a message dated 9/12/02 2:26:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time, email @ redacted