[IP] my "original" idea

hal or jo wrote:
> You answered your own question!  You pointed out
> that insulin is a hormone.....proteins generally
> SNIP aren't absorbed through the skin very well...SNIP
> examples you gave such as the smoker patch, the
> anti-seasik patch, etc. are for the administration
> of chemicals, i.e. medications that are NOT hormones.

Actually, if you check my original post, I ALSO gave the example of the BIRTH CONTROL patch, which is most certainly a hormone, according to both the television ad and the web site for the patch I was referring to, which prompted me writing in the first place.

you wrote:
> Do you think that you have an original idea?
> Hardly!  Lilly and Novo have been working on
> alternative ways to administer insulin since 1921.
> If their scientists and money can't develop an insulin
> patch, I don't think that your wishing for one is
> going to come about in our life times.

has Novo been around that long? I had no idea.  i am sorry my "original" idea didn't meet your standards.  I have only been a member of IP for 5 YEARS, and to my knowledge we have never discussed it, perhaps in the 4 months IP existed before I joined we covered it.  Pardon me for cluttering up the heretofore "never-clutterd-with-stupid-ideas" bandwidith of IP.  I guess we can get back to much more original topics of discussion such as how to make tape more sticky or what to do when your pump gets wet or why do my fingers tingle (subtitled, "I have had diabetes for 25 years but still can't explain it cuz I am complication "free)

Sara SP AZ