[IP] About to go back to lantus

My 14 year old daughter has never had very good glucose levels on the pump.
We tried humalog and novolog and every type of infusion set we could find.
She went on lantus and novolog injections to take a break from the pump  for
the summer and her numbers were much better.  Now we are trying  a
combination with one injection of Lantus providing most of her basal insulin
and the pump giving her just enough of her basal insulin to keep itself from
occluding and to cover fluctuations in her basal needs throughout the day.
She uses the pump with novolog when she eats and to correct.  The lantus
injection is a pain in the neck, but her numbers are much better and she
feels better.