Re: [IP] "Diabetic" Shoes ?!?!?

In a message dated 9/12/2002 4:26:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< What's the deal about shoes?  I can certainly understand where this would
 an issue when someone has developed neuropathy -- but are shoes really a big
 issue for a type 1 who is in good control with no complications???  My
 daughter (like many adolescent girls) is VERY into her shoes and the thought
 of having her shoe options limited because of her diabetes would not go over
 well . . . Anybody care to comment on the whole issue of "diabetic shoes"  ?
    Growing up as a kid, our family could not afford anything but canvas
shoes, this is all us kids wore during the summer, even now, I wear whatever
shoes are comfortable to me.
    I have never had a problem with my feet because of the shoes I did or
didn't wear, but maybe it matters to other people's feet.
    To me, "diabetic shoes" sound the same as "sugar free" cookies & candies.
    Jan G.