[IP] Barefoot/sandals

Almost every diabetic book will tell you to watch your feet as that is the
first part that will go if you get infections and turn to gangarine and have
to be amputated.

I believe that people who have severe neuropathy should follow this to the T
in wearing closed shoes and socks at all times.

However, I have severe neuropathy and still don't.  Am I taking a chance?  I
have a weird neuropathy in that if I step on something small I will feel it
but if I get a cut or something I won't feel it.  So I do what all good
diabetics should do...check your feet daily, keep them clean and dry and
make sure you don't cut too much nail off, watch for infections and all the
rest that goes with it.

kathy b.