RE: [IP] Osteoporosis and diabetes

Hi Nancy,
I too have osteoporosis and refused to take Fosomax since it damages your
esophagous (sp?) and stomach after taking it for a while...that and it is
very expensive.

I take Viactive chewable calcium and they taste like caramel candies two per
day.  That equals 1000 mg plus 400 of Vitamin D which is what you need to
take if you have osteo.  Word of advice...you need to take the calcium pills
with food to help them better absorb.

I had a bone density scan done last year after two years of being on Viactiv
and bones stayed the same and am due for another one at the end of this

I couldn't tell you about caffeine since I've been decaff-ed for 22 years
now and don't drink any colas.

Good luck.
Kathy B.