Re: [IP] My prediction for the future

> Ok, so now you can slap a patch on your ass to get many of the
> hormones and drugs you used to have take by pill...the smoker patch,
> the anti-seasick patch, the birth control patch...so why the heck
> not an INSULIN patch?   surely it is possible...insulin is a
> hormone...just for the basal insulin of course...and used in
> combination with the inhaled insulin for meals and to cover
> highs...?  what a concept
>
> Come on, wayne and jim...dash my hopes for this ever taking the
> place of the pumps....

Spectrx has a "patch" gadget. It's actually a mini-pump.
Unfortunately it only does boluses, no basal. My guess is that it is
targeted at the Type II market where the need is for meal bolus only.
It's about the size of a large wrist watch, refillable, etc.... Saw
it at the ADA meeting in SF a couple of months ago.