Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 01:15:19 +0000
From: "jspock @shore.net" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #605

>I was D since age of 5, and I was a Girl Scout and still spent the
>with my friends.  The only thing I remember being different was
>when I went to church camp for a week every summer, they made my Mom
>go as part of the faculty so that she could take care of any problems
>I ran into-and the nurse who was there every year also went to my

I was dx'ed at the age of 7.  I was in Camp Fire, when I was in
school.   My main problem there was never the group! leader or the other
in our small group - it was my mother.  (Actually, my mother is still my

I was not allowed to leave the house without her, even if I was with a
friend's parent, a teacher, or even my own dad.

She is ten times worse now that I am older and can do things
She *hates* the fact that I have a wonderful job in downtown Boston which
love.  If I'm more than two minutes late doing *anything*, she calls 911
go looking for me.

Days when I just don't feel like eating (and those days are fairly
with Addison's Disease) she argues with me that I have to eat more
of the insulin pump.  Of course, when it benefits her, I don't have to
on time anymore.  She's constantly telling me to turn the pump off,
she doesn't want to listen to the clicking.

Does anyone else here have to deal with a parent like that?

Weird J! enn