[IP] Osteoporosis and diabetes

I have just been diagnosed with osteoporosis by having a bone density test.
Alas, another chronic condition to add to my list.  I am addicted to coffee
as it was a free food prior to my pumping days and wondered about calcium
absorption and caffeine.  I have read that it does effect absorption but am
unsure of when I read that.  My doctor has placed me on Fosamax and wondered
if any have had any experience with that.