Re: [IP] Pump Vs Number of Readings

In a message dated 9/12/02 10:32:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I have taken a new perspective on my health and well being.  The way I
> look at is:  if I test often, I can catch problems before they get out
> of hand.

    BRAVO...that attitude is precisely what I "preach" to my daughter & to
other families with whom I connect. I've adopted the mantra "MORE is LESS",
trying to inculcate the notion that by doing what "appears" to be MORE ( i.e.
checking frequently) my daughter actually winds up doing LESS ( i.e not
having to deal with the consequences of an out of control bg that could have
been "intercepted" & corrected before it got that high). The consequences of
feeling so awful, not being able to think clearly, etc. are hopefully enough
of a deterrent to her that she does take those few minutes to check her bgs
   As for the "feeling guilty" theme, maybe this will help..it's something
I'd written that is still on the JDRF website , using a "driving metaphor"
for life with diabetes. <A HREF="http://www.jdf.org/kids/ideazone/2001/06/roadrules.html">JDRF Kids Online: Diabetes Road Rules</A>
(http://www.jdf.org/kids/ideazone/2001/06/roadrules.html )
Renee (pump mom to Melissa dx'd 9/16/92 at age 9)