Re: [IP] Re: Weird Jenn's mom

Being the mother of a 33 yo diabetic daughter diagnosed at 13 months and now g-mother of 7 yo D g-daughter, I could relate to you mother wanting to be your group leader and keeping a close eye on you (because we all know non-D parents DO NOT understand this disease) but I cannot understand her wanting you to turn off the pump because it makes too much noise?  HUH?  What's up with that? And hating the fact you have a job you like?  Sounds kind of jeckel and hideish to me!  That I don't understand.  I do understand that when you don't hear from your D son or daughter (no matter what age) and you know they are living alone, therefore don't have anyone else in the house to look after them, that you will go over to their house to check on them.  I did it when I hadn't heard from my daughter when she lived alone with two small children.  Someone has to check on them, they could be having a hypo and the children are there alone, unable to dial a telephone or go for help. Not much help because it sounds as though your mother contradicts herself in dealing with your diabetes.  That IS weird.

Tammy, mom to Joely, dx'd 1970; g-ma to Emma, dx'd 2001; both pumping 7-18-02