[IP] Re: Cherry and Kathy, I'm guilty too!

Cherry and Kathy,
Hey, I think this shoes/barefoot thing is kinda like the changing lancets
thing. I remember when I was first dxed I took the whole thing so seriously.
I bought ugly flourescent aqua socks to wear at the beach and thought my days
of wearing all the cool sandals were gone. And I live in California for
crying out loud!
I came to realize on my own that if I was in good control and paid attention
to my feet, washed them, checked them, groomed them responsibly, and didn't
have neuropathy, than I could wear the shoes I wanted and go barefoot on
I do make sure that I get really good shoes that fit very well and are
comfortable. I love Aerosoles. They have heeled sandals that are awesome.
Anyone else want to fess up to their sandals/canvas shoes without
socks/barefoot sins??? ;-)
And as always, YMMV. I don't want to offend anyone who chooses to or must
perpetually wear shoes and socks, or even aqua socks!! :-)
dxed T1 9/92, pumping since 1/02