[IP] My prediction for the future

You answered your own question!  You pointed out that insulin is a hormone.
Any hormone is a protein and proteins generally aren't stable for very long
at body temp (i.e. patch) and they aren't absorbed through the skin very
well at all (nasal membranes are a partial, but not good, exception.  The
examples you gave such as the smoker patch, the anti-seasik patch, etc. are
for the administration of chemicals, i.e. medications that are NOT hormones.
This is the same reason that it has been impossible to develope an oral
version of insulin, i.e. a tablet or pill.  Hormones being proteins are
chewed up by the stomach juices.

Do you think that you have an original idea?  Hardly!  Lilly and Novo have
been working on alternative ways to administer insulin since 1921.  If their
scientists and money can't develop an insulin patch, I don't think that your
wishing for one is going to come about in our life times.  I hope I'm wrong
but I wouldn't bet on it.