RE: [IP] My prediction for the future

so why the heck not an INSULIN patch?
surely it is possible...insulin is a hormone...just for the basal insulin of
course...and used in combination with the inhaled insulin for meals and to
cover highs...?  what a concept......

Well, let's look at this realistically.  How many people out there only have
one constant basal rate during a 24 hour period?  Are we supposed to change
patches to match our basal needs?  I think not.

And how about those who are allergic to the adhesives? The nicotine patch
never worked for me because I was highly allergic to the adhesives.

While I think it's a good idea, it would be for only a very few who only
have one constant basal rate.

And in my opinion, as far as the insulin inhaler goes???  It is a lot of
hogwash.  How are you supposed to be able to deliver a proper dosage when
most people don't even use inhalers for asthma, etc. correctly?

I think there needs to be a lot more research and testing done before this
could ever come to be.

Instead of "patch up" jobs, I think we all need to focus on one thing.  A

Just my 2 cents.

Kathy b.