[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #605

>I was D since age of 5, and I was a Girl Scout and still spent the >nights
>with my friends.  The only thing I remember being different was
>when I went to church camp for a week every summer, they made my Mom
>go as part of the faculty so that she could take care of any problems
>I ran into-and the nurse who was there every year also went to my

I was dx'ed at the age of 7.  I was in Camp Fire, when I was in elementary
school.   My main problem there was never the group leader or the other kids
in our small group - it was my mother.  (Actually, my mother is still my

I was not allowed to leave the house without her, even if I was with a
friend's parent, a teacher, or even my own dad.

She is ten times worse now that I am older and can do things independently.
She *hates* the fact that I have a wonderful job in downtown Boston which I
love.  If I'm more than two minutes late doing *anything*, she calls 911 to
go looking for me.

Days when I just don't feel like eating (and those days are fairly frequent
with Addison's Disease) she argues with me that I have to eat more because
of the insulin pump.  Of course, when it benefits her, I don't have to eat
on time anymore.  She's constantly telling me to turn the pump off, because
she doesn't want to listen to the clicking.

Does anyone else here have to deal with a parent like that?

Weird Jenn
email @ redacted
AIM:  jspock1
ICQ:  25177424