[IP] About to go back to lantus

I am at day 28 of my first pump, Paradigm.  I have spent many hours in
person and on the phones with MM reps, nurses and my own CDE.  I have
been in the hospital (for the first time in my 59 years) because of
dehydration and have lost alot of sleep getting up twice a night to
check my sugars.  My belly has been sore, red, white, poked with 3
different types of sets and generally abused.  I just cannot get a set
that works well beyound 5 or 6 hours!  If I leave it in longer it gets
inflamed and my blood sugar soars.  I have tried both using and not
using the IV prep - makes no difference.

I was on MDI for only a year before the pump, so I'm doubtful that I am
not absorbing because of previous shots.

I have sent one pump back and am wondering why this 2nd one doesn't do
anything when there is a fairly obvious occlusion of some sort.  All I
know is I am not getting the insulin and my blood sugars are totally
unpredictable.  Woke up last night with 357, having gone to bed with a
110.  Never had this stress and problems when on Lantus and Humalog.

I am thoroughly disheartened because all of my friends and family and
myself believed the pump would be a good thing and it has turned into a
disaster.  And I and my insurance company have put out nearly $5000.00!!
Are there just some people for whom the pump does not work?  And if so,
have we wasted all this money on a very expensive lesson?