Re: [IP] changing infusion sets (Spot)

Hey Spot,  I guess I'm surprised to hear that you, too leave your sites in
longer than what is 'recommended' for the same reason I always want to leave
Josh's in longer.  He has been having some GREAT BGs with a site that has
been in for 6 days (well,  this was last week) and I almost felt bacd wanted
to change it out.  I was always told, and heard it on this list that leaving
it in longer takes the risk of infection.  But, Man, when he is having such
great BGs you kinda hate to mess with things.  So, in other words, you don't
really see a reason to change out as often as what has been said??  So I'm
not taking a big rish with Josh by leaving a site in, say 5 days maybe 6?

Just curious what others say.  I know there are those who have been
instructed by the companies to change everything (including tubing) every two
days,  but my opinion on that has always been, that is because they are
making so much $$ every time we change things out!!

Well, thanks Spot for your opinion.  As always, it is valued a great deal!!!!

mom to Joshua