[IP] Re: MicroAlbumin test--What's happenin' to my kidneys??

Kevin said, in part:
> For those of us that are on insulin pump therapy for better glucose
control in
> addition to taking the appropriate ACE inhibitor should in all likelyhood
> decrease the chances and severity of diabetes related nephropathy over the
> long term.

*Should in all likelyhood decrease the chances and severity of diabetes
related nephropathy* are the key components to the above. That certainly is
NO guarantee nothing will happen. I have been pumping 19 years and am now on
dialysis. I would never discourage anyone from seeing a nephrologist who
*may* have kidney problems. Let the kidneyologist decide if there is really
*NO* problem. An endo does NOT specialize in kidneys. I remember when I was
at 80% function and endo wasn't concerned, either. I remember when I was at
50% and endo got concerned and put me on that low-protein diet. I lost
another 15% function in a year and a half. I then requested a neph and it
hurt endo's feelings. So what!!! They're my kidneys. Well, eight years later
and with better BG control I am on dialysis for the REST OF MY LIFE or if I
would get a transplant which is highly unlikely since I refuse to be sawed
open to get the 6 heart blockages fixed. YMMV

To quote Jim S.: "Take what you like and leave the rest." They're *your*

LET'S ROLL!!! ~ Todd Beamer