Re: [IP] One Touch Ultra test strip codes

Hi Wayne & IPers,

Wayne wrote:
> Well, I've had a lot of different codes, but being the perpetual
> experimenter, I've noticed that it really doesn't make much
> difference what code you put in.

I'm also an experimenter and I have reached a different, though
tentative, conclusion.

I took strips coded 24 and ran two series of tests, each test series
using blood from the same finger-prick. The first series was conducted
with a low-ish bg and the second with a high-ish bg.

The results were as follows (all results reported in mg/dl):

First series, strips coded 24
meter coded 10: 68
meter coded 24: 62

Second series, strips coded 24
meter coded 10: 226
meter coded 24: 198

This suggests, but does not prove (due to the small number of
samples), that setting the meter code below the strip code raises the
meter reading at a given bg.

regards, Andy