[IP] MicroAlbumin test--What's happenin' to my kidneys??

>Sherry C wrote, in part:
> At least one person said I should see a nephrologist >NOW instead of
> waiting and taking chances.

>Lyndy replied, in part:
> I agree with Jan:  Get thee to a nephrologist, pronto!

It is possible that your endocrinologist may want more time to ascertain if
the current medication type and dosge that he/she has prescribed for you will
arrest the rising amounts of protein in your urine prior to refering you to a
neuphrologist. Typically speaking proteinuria ranges are:   microalbuminuria
30 -150 mg, mild from 150-500 mg and moderate at 500-1000 mg.

A few years ago a 24 hour urine catch for me revealed a value of 37 mg. I was
subsequently placed on 10 mg of Lisinipril (angiotensin converting enzyme
(ACE) inhibitor) even though I had no high blood pressure issues. All of my
kidney function tests have since fallen into their normal ranges.

For those of us that are on insulin pump therapy for better glucose control in
addition to taking the appropriate ACE inhibitor should in all likelyhood
decrease the chances and severity of diabetes related nephropathy over the
long term.