Re: [IP] One Touch Ultra test strip codes

Well, I've had a lot of different codes, but being the perpetual
experimenter, I've noticed that it really doesn't make much
difference what code you put in.  I discovered this by accident, not
changing with a new bottle.  At least between a code of 15 and 30,
the variation in readings is within  the  normal variation in repeat
samples.  Never tried 3 or 50.
   Another thing i did try was storing the strips out of the bottle.
I like travelling light.   I  keep the meter in my pants pocket and
the lancet with a pen clip in my shirt pocket.  No comfortable place
for that hard plastic bottle of 25 strips, so I just store a few
strips in  my wallet.  After testing this, I'm happy to report that
in the humid Baltimore summer, strips will stay quite accurate for
about 2 days.  Then they start to read a little high, but still only
about 20 -30 mg/dl high even after a week out of the bottle.  One
Touch will never tell you this information *S*