Re: [IP] MicroAlbumin test--What's happenin' to my kidneys??

In a message dated 9/10/2002 1:23:43 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> This is a follow up from the post I did last week. I redid my urine test
> (which read 660.8 when a normal range is 0-29). Since I was on my period the
> first time I did the test, I was hoping the results were wrong. Turns out
> they
> weren't. This time it read 664.
> I'm taking 2mg of Mavik (ACE inhibitor) now. The endo didn't seem that
> concerned and said we'd recheck me and do more tests when I go back in
> January. At least one person said I should see a nephrologist NOW instead of
> waiting and taking chances.

I agree with Jan:  Get thee to a nephrologist, pronto!  Let a doc who
specializes in this area explain what your test results mean, what your
treatment options are, and what your prognoses may look (long & short term).
If 0-29 is normal and you're in the 600s I think that getting a second, more
expert opinion is the obvious next step . . . sooner rather than later won't
make things worse and could very well make a big difference in your health
outloook.  It seems to be well worth the time and money in case there are
things you should be doing quickly to reverse things or at least slow them
-- Is there a reason why you're shying away from this? Please listen to this
mom's nagging and go make yourself an appointment today!  Keep us posted!

Pumpmama to Katie