[IP] LifeScan, Epson and XP, oh my!

To the woman with the printer problems with Epson and XP -

I went to the LifeScan site and found that LifeScan has not tested its
software on XP.  One of the problems with newer operating systems is that it
is sometimes not fully backward compatable to all software.

XP is notorious for this problem.  It is (not trying to go to "techno-babble
here) is a 32 bit OS.  Life scan is a 16 bit program. I have run into
problems with some operating systems not  running older software.  This
could be the problem.

I talked to the tech rep from Lifescan and he did have a suggestion.   If
you are running a very new  computer system, chances are that your printer
has a USB connection.  (It has a very small connector).  The tech
recommended that if this is the case to switch to a a parallel connector if
you can.  (this is a very wide connector.)

If this doesn't work, you may want to consider changing operating systems.
Windows 98 SE is very stable and works with just about everything.

Sorry I lost your e-mail address.  Feel free to contact me if I can help out