[IP] Question about plastic membrane over pump buttons

Hi Folks,

    I was wondering about the durability of the plastic membrane that covers
the pump buttons. It seems to be about the same on all pumps. The reason I am
asking is that I have owned or worked with several electronic devices that
utilized the same or similar type of covering over buttons and the membrane
has cracked after moderate use. If this happens to a pump then watertightness
would probably be compromised. The membrane usually cracks right at the edge
of the button.