RE: [IP] Re: Is anyone using U-500?

I use U500 Regular Insulin and when I started using it I divided my
current basal rate at U100 by 5 and because I was using humolog at the
time pushed back the basal rate by two hours. I kept the pump at the
U100 setting(minimed 508). Then lowered the basal rate a bit the entire
24 hours so that I could test the basal rate. I ended up push a few back
and raising some of the basal rates a little higher but at least I
wasn't running low. Been pumping with the U500 for two years now without

I do carry a humolog pen and at times bolus with that instead of the
U500 in the pump.
Gail Donohue