Re: [IP] Novolog

> I have a question...........
> I am switching myself from Humalog to Novolog.
> I am just wondering IF I use the same amount of Novolog as I did
> Humalog ? What are the differances........... I guess I should have
> called and asked my Dr., but I am changing on my own. Any
> suggestions would be appreciated !

It depends..... Those on the list that participated in the study that
was used to qualify Novolog for FDA pump approval AND that were
former Humalog users reported no noticable difference. We have
reports from current members that indicate the same, faster response,
slower response. I don't think I recall any reports of higher TDD for
Novolog, but there are many reports of the same TDD and quite a few
with lower TDD. It appears to be an accross the board decrease if you
end up using less. It may be 0, 10, 30% .... YMMV

Note: If you are doing fine on H, there is no real reason to switch.
There are reports from a small percentage of BOTH H and N users of
side effects that are similar, headach, poor control, site irritation
or failure, etc... I suspect that there are just a few people that
can not tolerate one or the other of the insulin analogs. By and
large however, the reports from Novolog users are pretty "glowing".